Great Reasons For Taking A Wine Cruise
If you are a lover of good wines, a wine collector, enjoy wine tastings and pairings, and enjoy talking with others who are wine experts, then a wine cruise could be the best vacation you have ever taken.
Maybe you are a wine novice and would love to learn more about the world of wine, then a wine cruise could be perfect for you too…you don’t have to be an expert to have a great time.
About wine cruises…
Traditionally, wine cruises are river cruises which are a more intimate setting, have a smaller number of guests, and give each person a better opportunity to interact, not only with the other guests, but also any wine personalities that might be on board. You’ll have the opportunity to visit beautiful vineyards and wineries.
The best time of year to book your wine cruise is definitely the months of September and October, during the harvest season. You may even have the opportunity to enjoy some of the local festivals that occur that time of year.
You should take a wine cruise because…
- It’s kind of like having your own fully stocked wine cellar that is full of wines from various regions around the world, and you’re being served by someone who can tell you how to best enjoy each wine.
- You will be enjoying the sampling of the signature wines from wherever you are traveling.
- You will enjoy wine tastings not only on-board your ship, but also in the local wineries you may visit during on shore excursions.
- You will gain new friends who have a similar love of wine as you do…these instant connections can become friendships that last a lifetime.
- Your cruise will have a wine host who has a wealth of knowledge he/she is excited to share with you.
- You will enjoy a wine pairing dinner that the chef and the wine host will have planned for you. Each course that will be served, the host will explain the wine and the chef will explain the food and why the two work well together.
- When you disembark, you will have sampled and learned about several varieties of wines you had never experienced and you will have a more educated palette.
It feels like we have all stayed home far too long, but now would be a wonderful time to book that wine cruise for your not too distant future, then you’ll be ready to take that trip of a lifetime…
I am a seasoned traveler/cruiser and travel agent… Contact me, let me help you choose the wine cruise that will be perfect for you. I can give you information on what’s going on in the cruise world today, and help you “navigate” through situations where you might have to reschedule.